Medical and Clinical Department consists of a dedicated staff of:
- licensed physicians – providing medical assessments, medication management and oversight of trained medical staff
- psychiatrists – providing counseling and medication management
- psychiatric nurse practitioners – operate under the supervision of psychiatrists providing counseling and a medication management
- psychologists – responsible for client psychological testing and counselor training
- clinical director – oversees entire clinical staff of counselors
- licensed counselors – with a range of experience and licenses including social workers, licensed chemical dependency counselors, licensed professional counselors, licensed marriage and family therapists, …
- nursing staff – providing on-site 24-hour nursing services
- assistant counselors – providing constant supervision to ensure client safety
Non-clinical staff includes maintenance, housekeeping, café and nutrition, and administrative office support staff.
Approximately two to one staff to client ratio and one to one medical and clinical staff to client ratio.
The Sundown Ranch staff represents all major disciplines in drug and alcohol abuse treatment including psychiatry, addiction medicine, nursing, social work, psychology, chemical dependency counseling, and marriage and family therapy. At the epicenter of the treatment program is a highly-qualified team of drug and alcohol abuse professionals composing the clinical staff. They are chosen for their expertise and their sensitivity to the problems and emotions of young people.
Licensed counselors and therapists work with their client teams to develop and implement treatment programs, which meet the specific needs of each young person. In addition, staff members who are recovering addicts and can directly relate to the experience of Sundown Ranch clients are available to assist their concerns with facing the challenges of living a sober life.
A continuous quality improvement program assures that the program and staff constantly maintain the highest standards and practice the most effective treatment techniques.