Criteria for Acceptance
- Client must be between the ages of 12 – 24
- Client must be diagnosed as having a substance abuse disorder or chemical dependency disorder.
Criteria for Non-Acceptance and Referral
- Client is actively suicidal/homicidal.
Other issues that can potentially coincide with substance abuse/chemical dependency which are commonly addressed at Sundown Ranch:
- Academic difficulties
- Lack of respect for others
- Running away
- Rejection of rules or authority
- Lack of emotional bonding
- Low self-esteem
- Difficulties in regulation of mood
- Poor decision making
- Inappropriate peer relationships
- Disruption of healthy family functioning
Steps for Admission
- Contact admissions staff at 903-479-3933 and choose option 1.
- Admissions staff will answer any questions regarding the Sundown Ranch program.
- Be prepared to provide a summary of events requiring admission into the Sundown Ranch program.
- Provide insurance information.
- Admissions staff will verify insurance coverage, including any expected out of pocket expenses.
- Schedule an appointment for admission.
- Admissions paperwork will be provided for completion prior to arrival.
- Following arrival, the admission process typically takes approximately one and a half hours.